Re: Pgsql install

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Pgsql install
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Nov 5, 2004, at 2:57 PM, <Felix.Onyango@compucom.com> wrote:

>           After entering the following command
>            ./configure --prefix = // default path is /usr/local/pgsql
>            I get an error message that   ./configure    directory does
> not exist. What could be the problem here. Any help       appreciated,
> I am a novice.

Make sure you change directories to the location of the postgresql
source, for example

cd ~/home/postgresql-8.0.0beta4

Now type ./configure

I'm not sure if you really typed what you have there after --prefix.
But I believe /usr/local/pgsql is normally the default path, so you
don't need to include the prefix parameter. If you really want to
install in a different place, the command is like this:

./configure --prefix=/place/to/install

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL