Re: Configuring only SSL in postgres docker image

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: Configuring only SSL in postgres docker image
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Shankar,

> On 03. Aug, 2020, at 22:01, Shankar Bhaskaran <mailshankarb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to enable ssl on postgres docker image . The postgres  image should only support SSL . I did configure
the command:" -c ssl=on -c ssl_key_file=/opt/postgresql/server.key -c ssl_cert_file=/opt/postgresql/server.crt"   in
thedocker compose file.

I don't know anything about Docker at all, so I can't say anything here.

> I also added the following entry in the pg_hba.conf after commenting all other host entries
> "hostssl   all  all   all md5".

are there any "host" entries in the pg_hba.conf file? If so, comment them out so that only the "hostssl" entries are
enabled.

> But I am able to make ssl as well as non ssl connections to the postgres image.

see above.

> My observation is the command only updates the postmaster.opts file and not the postgres.conf file .
>
> Could I get some help

the postgresql.conf file should have ssl=on and of course the key & certificate file settings. Maybe you should put
themthere.

Cheers,
Paul

От: Ian Lawrence Barwick
Сообщение: Re: Keeping state in a foreign data wrapper
От: Stelios Sfakianakis
Сообщение: Re: Keeping state in a foreign data wrapper