Re: Font for headers

От Claire McLister
Тема Re: Font for headers
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Jul 14, 2006, at 10:32 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Magnus,
>>> 2) Buy a copy or two of the font and stick it somewhere where we can
>>> build the images. The downside is we have a piece required to build
>>> the
>>> website that's not easily available, but we'd still just use it to
>>> generate static images for the site..
>>>
>>> Thoughts on these options?
>> Well, in my earlier life I worked with designers quite a lot, and
>> frankly there's no such thing as a good, free font.   There was in
>> fact
>> a project to design OSS fonts but given the tedious work involved got
>> nowhere.  So -- depending on cost and budget -- I'd be up for
>> buying a license.

According to the Wikipedia article on Frutiger, there is a related,
similar font called Myriad. It seems Myriad is now being used by Apple.

  I have Myriad on my Mac, although am not sure if it came with the
system, or the Dreamweaver that I installed later.

Claire

  --
  Claire McLister                        mclister@zeesource.net
  1684 Nightingale Avenue     Suite 201