Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!

От Vladimir Borodin
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

20 янв. 2017 г., в 19:59, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> написал(а):

How are you testing your backups..?  Do you have page-level checksums
enabled on your database?

Yep, we use checksums. We restore latest backup with recovery_target = 'immediate' and do COPY tablename TO '/dev/null’ with checking exit code for each table in each database (in several threads, of course).

Right, unfortunately that only checks the heap pages, it won't help with
corruption happening in an index file or other files which have a
checksum.

That’s fine for us because indexes could be rebuilt. The main idea is the guarantee that data would not be lost.

--
May the force be with you…

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!