Re: Dollar Quoting doc patch--resend.

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Dollar Quoting doc patch--resend.
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On 5-May-04, at 10:42 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I disagree.  I think swiching between single quote and $$ based on the
> content is just too confusing. I would just use $$ in all cases unless
> $$ appears in the function (which should be rare), in which case I
> would
> use $quote$ or something generic.

Well, the function definition in CREATE FUNCTION is a string literal
like any other. Based on the reasoning above, would you argue for using
$$ for every other string literal in the documentation rather than
single quotes? If not, then we're not being consistent anyway, so I
don't find the argument very convincing.

Why not use whatever quoting mechanism is clearest for a particular
example? In some cases that will be single-quotes, in others it will be
dollar quoting via $$, and in still others it will be dollar quoting
via $tag$

-Neil

Сообщение: Re: Dollar Quoting doc patch--resend.
Сообщение: Re: Dollar Quoting doc patch--resend.