Re: 'true'::TEXT::BOOLEAN

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: 'true'::TEXT::BOOLEAN
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Jun 3, 2005, at 9:23 PM, Markus Bertheau ☭ wrote:

> This also bypasses the built in postgresql boolean literal parsing.
>
> I think casting from text to boolean should be possible, and use the
> same algorithm that's used when casting from "unknown" to boolean.

Actually, looking at the system tables, I don't think it is. There
don't appear to be any casts to (or from) boolean. I may be looking
at it wrong, but that's how it appears to me. Corrections, anyone?

select type_source.typname as source, type_target.typname as target
from pg_cast
join pg_type type_source on (castsource = type_source.oid)
join pg_type type_target on (casttarget = type_target.oid)
where type_target.typname = 'bool'    or type_source.typname = 'bool'
order by type_source.typname;
 source | target
(0 rows)

This is in v8.0.3