Re: [HACKERS] 'a' == 'a '

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 'a' == 'a '
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Look back in the stack and you will find that I have quoted chapter and
verse (see the attached html file in a previous email that I sent).

This is in relation to the comparison operator.

Again, the operations that I was talking about literally have nothing to
do with the internal data type of the string, as long as it is
fundamentally a character type.  I was referring to what happens when
two strings are involved in a comparison operation.  The standard spells
it out very clearly.  Whether something is blank padded or not during a
comparison has nothing whatever to do with the type of the string and
everything to do with the collating sequence.