Re: bug in numeric_power() function

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: bug in numeric_power() function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

It seems an obvious work-around that:
if (b == 0) return 1;
if (a == 0) return 0;
could be inserted at the top.

Aside:
Having the ^ operator overloaded for exponentiation surprises me.

Does it really have the right precedence for performing exponentiation?
(E.g. you cannot do this in C++ because ^ will have the precedence of
xor, which is wrong).