Re: Got no response last time on setsockopt post, so I thought I would reiterate.

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Got no response last time on setsockopt post, so I thought I would reiterate.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

this.

It can still be a good idea to set it:
http://datatag.web.cern.ch/datatag/howto/tcp.html
64K was just an example.  Like I said before, it should be configurable.
> You have not even made it clear whether you were increasing the sizes
in
> the server-to-client or client-to-server direction, and your
handwaving
> about the test conditions makes it even harder to know what you are
> measuring.  I would think for instance that local vs remote
connections
> make a big difference and might need different tuning.

The configuration is a negotiation between client and server.  You may
or may not get what you ask for.  I suggest that it is simple to
implement and worthwhile to test.  But it was only a suggestion.

> BTW, if we look at this issue we ought to also look at whether the
> send/recv quantum in libpq and the backend should be changed.  It's
been
> 8K for about ten years now ...

I suspect that TCP/IP packetizing will moderate the affects of changes
on this parameter.

Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question
Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question