Re: Got no response last time on setsockopt post, so I thought I would reiterate.

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Got no response last time on setsockopt post, so I thought I would reiterate.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

code.

The only place I see it is for Windows *only* in PQCOMM.C (to 32K).  Did
I miss it somewhere else?

> I think if you were to quantify the alleged improvement by platform it
> might allay suspicion.

I do not know if you will see the same results as we do.  We support
ancient and modern operating systems, on ancient and modern hardware (we
have OpenVMS 6.1 running Rdb as old as 4.2, for instance -- 1980's
technology).

The only way for you to see if your environments have the same sort of
benefits that we see is to test it yourselves.

The TCP/IP window size is such a well known optimization setting (in
fact the dominant one) that I am kind of surprised to be catching anyone
unawares.