Re: Got no response last time on setsockopt post, so I thought I would reiterate.

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Got no response last time on setsockopt post, so I thought I would reiterate.
Дата
Re: Got no response last time on setsockopt post, so I thought I would reiterate.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

May I suggest:
http://www-didc.lbl.gov/TCP-tuning/setsockopt.html
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/People/vwelch/net_perf/tcp_windows.html

We test against dozens of operating systems and we have never had a
problem (generally, we use our own tcp/ip network objects for
communication and we only recently figured out why PostgreSQL was
lagging so far behind and patched libPQ ourselves.)  Now, it will be
about 2 weeks before our full regressions have run against PostgreSQL on
all of our platforms, but we do adjust the TCP/IP window on all of our
clients and servers and have yet to find one that is unable to either
negotiate a decent size or ignore our request at worst.

However, I won't twist your arm.  I just wanted to be sure that those at
the PostgreSQL organization were aware of this simple trick.  Our
products run on:
Aix
BeOS
Hpux
Linux (everywhere, including mainframe zLinux)
MVS
SunOS
Solaris
OpenVMS Alpha
OpenVMS VAX
OpenVMS Itanium
Windows

And several others

Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question
Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question