ClassCastException with LargeObjectAPI and Tomcat Connection Pool (DBCP)

От Joao Filipe Placido
Тема ClassCastException with LargeObjectAPI and Tomcat Connection Pool (DBCP)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

Hello list,

I configured successfully a PostgreSQL 7.2.3 connection pool with JNDI DataSource following the Tomcat docs (v 4.1.12).

But when I try to use the returned connection with the LargeObjectAPI, tomcat gives me a ClassCastException (runtime), in the following line:

LargeObjectManager lobj = ((org.postgresql.PGConnection)db).getLargeObjectAPI();

I tried using pgjdbc2.jar, in which case instead of org.postgresql.PGConnection, it only works with org.postgresql.Connection.

With pg73jdbc3.jar, and using org.postgresql.PGConnection, the same Exception occurs.

I also tried with a compiled JDBC jar from the 7.3 sources, with no luck.

I don't understand why the connection works with non-LargeObject SQL and fails here. I have the same jars working with the LargeObjectAPI without the Tomcat DBCP.

Any help is appreciated. Has anyone successfully configured a tomcat DBCP with PostgresSQL and used LOs with it?

Thank you,

João Filipe Plácido