Re: Issue with the PRNG used by Postgres

От Andrey M. Borodin
Тема Re: Issue with the PRNG used by Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 10 Apr 2024, at 21:48, Parag Paul <parag.paul@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, the probability of this happening is astronomical, but in production with 128 core servers with 7000
max_connections,with petabyte scale data, this did repro 2 times in the last month. We had to move to a local approach
tomanager our ratelimiting counters.

FWIW we observed such failure on this [0] LWLock two times too. Both cases were recent (February).
We have ~15k clusters with 8MTPS, so it’s kind of infrequent, but not astronomic. We decided to remove that lock.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0]
https://github.com/munakoiso/logerrors/pull/25/files#diff-f8903c463a191f399b3e84c815ed6dc60adbbfc0fb0b2db490be1e58dc692146L85

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: [MASSMAIL]apply_scanjoin_target_to_paths and partitionwise join