AW: BUG #15641: Autoprewarm worker fails to start on Windows with huge pages in use Old PostgreSQL community/pgsql-bugs x

От Hans Buschmann
Тема AW: BUG #15641: Autoprewarm worker fails to start on Windows with huge pages in use Old PostgreSQL community/pgsql-bugs x
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #15641: Autoprewarm worker fails to start on Windows withhuge pages in use Old PostgreSQL community/pgsql-bugs x  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Glad to hear you could reproduce the case easily.

I wanted to add that the problem as it seems now should'nt be restricted to Windows only.

Another thing is the semantic scope of pg_prewarm:

Prewarming affects the whole cluster, so at instance start we can meet some active and/or some dropped databases.

To not affect the other databases the prewarming should occur on all non dropped databases and omit only the dropped ones.

Hope your thinking gives a good patch... ;)

Hans Buschmann