Re: The same prepared query yield "-1" the first six times and then "-1.0"

От Edoardo Panfili
Тема Re: The same prepared query yield "-1" the first six times and then "-1.0"
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Il giorno 21 ago 2023, alle ore 17:50, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> ha scritto:

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 8:28 AM Edoardo Panfili <edoardo.panfili@iisgubbio.edu.it> wrote:

   dim1 real DEFAULT '-1' NOT NULL

     System.out.print("p: "+rs.getString("dim1")+"\n”);

Can I do something to avoid this problem?

Use the type appropriate getter, not getString, to retrieve the value of the underlying real typed column.
I know, but in this occasion I need to use text value.

Otherwise, I agree this seems like a bug, probably in the JDBC driver, though one pertains to style as opposed to semantics since both answers are technically correct.
I will try, thank you

Edoardo

Сообщение: Re: The same prepared query yield "-1" the first six times and then "-1.0"
Сообщение: Re: The same prepared query yield "-1" the first six times and then "-1.0"