Re: meson and check-tests

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: meson and check-tests
Дата
Re: meson and check-tests
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri May 31, 2024 at 12:02 PM CDT, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> Hi Tristan,
> Using make I can run only selected tests under src/test/regress using
> TESTS=... make check-tests. I didn't find any way to do that with meson.
> meson test --suite regress runs all the regression tests.
>
> We talked this off-list at the conference. It seems we have to somehow
> avoid passing pg_regress --schedule argument and instead pass the list of
> tests. Any idea how to do that?

I think there are 2 solutions to this.

1. Avoid passing --schedule by default, which doesn't sound like a great
   solution.

2. Teach pg_regress to ignore the --schedule option if specific tests
   are passed instead.

3. Add a --no-schedule option to pg_regress which would override the
   previously added --schedule option.

I personally prefer 2 or 3.

2: meson test -C build regress/regress --test-args my_specific_test
3: meson test -C build regress/regress --test-args "--no-schedule my_specific_test"

Does anyone have an opinion?

--
Tristan Partin
https://tristan.partin.io