help with front/backend datatype converting

От Do, Leon (Leon)
Тема help with front/backend datatype converting
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

It looks like PostgreSQL JDBC always converting a column value to text before sending it to the Backend server.  Is there a way to stop this behavior?

I am using the following piece of code to set the timestamp value:

ByteArrayInputStream is = new ByteArrayInputStream(bdata);

prepstmt.setBinaryStream(1,is,bdata.length);

java.sql.Timestamp sqltime = new

                               java.sql.Timestamp(System.currentTimeMillis());

prepstmt.setTimestamp(2,sqltime);

When the backend server receives the parse message, the oid type for binary data is set but the oid type for timestamp is not set.

When the bind message arrives, the format type for binary data is binary and the format type for timestamp is text and there is no way to know what is the type of the value anymore.   Can I configure to disable text converting feature?

thanks

Leon Do

Lucent Technologies

Mobility Software Engineer