Re: BUG #3706: ecpg regression: "MOVE FORWARD"

От Bailey, Scott
Тема Re: BUG #3706: ecpg regression: "MOVE FORWARD"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I haven't seen any feedback on this report, but FYI... I worked around
this problem by rewriting my code to use a dynamic prepared statement
instead, e.g.

OLD:

EXEC SQL MOVE FORWARD :RowMove IN Sniffer;

NEW:

const char mover[] =3D "MOVE FORWARD ? IN Sniffer";
[...]
EXEC SQL PREPARE MoverSQL FROM :mover;
[...]
EXEC SQL EXECUTE MoverSQL USING :RowMove;
[...]
EXEC SQL DEALLOCATE PREPARE MoverSQL;

Assuming the new restriction on the original "MOVE FORWARD" is
intentional, it would be nice to see a warning that code changes are
required get into the documentation.

Thanks,
Scott