Re: Can't connect to postgresql using 'psql -d database -U user -W'

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Can't connect to postgresql using 'psql -d database -U user -W'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ctobini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with postgresql 7.4 installed on Linux Ubuntu 5.04
> (hoary).
>
> I made an 'alter' command for my db users :
>
> eg: alter user postgres with password 'postgres';
> ALTER USER
>
> but I can't connect to postgresql using :
>
> tobini% psql -d template1 -U postgres -W
> password: postgres
> psql: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "postgres"
>
> Do you have an idea about this problem ?

Your pg_hba.conf file specifies IDENT authorization, and you are not
running
the command as the unix user postgres.

Check your pg_hba.conf file and the documentation on the pg_hba.conf
file:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-authentication.html
#AUTH-PG-HBA-CONF

--
Larry Rosenman
Database Support Engineer

PERVASIVE SOFTWARE. INC.
12365B RIATA TRACE PKWY
3015
AUSTIN TX  78727-6531

Tel: 512.231.6173
Fax: 512.459.1309
Email: Larry.Rosenman@pervasive.com
Web: www.pervasive.com

От: ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee)
Сообщение: Re: Moving Tablespaces
От: Russ Brown
Сообщение: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?