Re: CREATE USER and pg_user

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: CREATE USER and pg_user
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Yes, but it doesn't really specify if you have to have a privilege in order to grant it, although reading one of the
notes[1]tends to indicate that you must have a role in order to grant it. Unless I'm overlooking some part of the docs?

[1]: "The INHERIT attribute governs inheritance of grantable privileges (that is, access privileges for database
objectsand role memberships). It does not apply to the special role attributes set by CREATE ROLE and ALTER ROLE. For
example,being a member of a role with CREATEDB privilege does not immediately grant the ability to create databases,
evenif INHERIT is set; it would be necessary to become that role via SET ROLE before creating a database."
Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461