Re: problem with pg_dump

От Jonatan Reiners
Тема Re: problem with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Both are set to lc_monetary = 'de_DE.UTF-8'
Maybe they mean something different on both OSs or one installation is faulty and ignores this setting.

I think I will go the way and convert the value to numeric.

unfortunately this doesn't work
alter table bst alter summe set data type numeric(30,2) using summe::numeric;
Looks nice but:
ERROR:  cannot alter type of a column used by a view or rule
DETAIL:  rule _RETURN on view xb_buchversand_positionen depends on column "summe"

Is there a nice way for the stupid me to cascade the alteration?

Kind regards,
Jonatan

--
Jonatan Reiners