Re: BUG #4351: Full text search performance

От Lawrence Cohan
Тема Re: BUG #4351: Full text search performance
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Wow - is that easy! How could I miss that when I thought I read all
documentation and knew that full-text search is catalog/language
dependent?=20

Many thanks and sorry for wasting your time with such a minor thing -
the difference is indeed amazing as the results are back in a few
hundreds of milliseconds on any searched string.

Best regards,
Lawrence Cohan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]=20
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 9:31 PM
To: Lawrence Cohan
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4351: Full text search performance=20

"Lawrence Cohan" <Lawrencec@1shoppingcart.com> writes:
> -- Is there anything wrong in the sequence below? Sory but I couldn't
figure
> it out by myself from FAQ or from the internet.

> --Added FT indexes as documented for product_name and long_description

> CREATE INDEX idx_ft_products_long_description ON products USING
> gin(to_tsvector('english', long_description));
> CREATE INDEX idx_ft_products_name ON products USING
> gin(to_tsvector('english', product_name));
> analyze products;

> --tried the FT queries below:
> EXPLAIN
> SELECT product_name FROM products
> WHERE to_tsvector(product_name) @@ to_tsquery('album');

That query isn't going to match that index.  You'd need to write

... WHERE to_tsvector('english', product_name) @@ to_tsquery('album');

Basically, you can't rely on a default TS configuration when using the
functional-index approach to text searching, because of the restriction
that index contents can't depend on mutable state.

            regards, tom lane
Attention:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended on=
ly for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may =0D
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmissio=
n, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in =0D
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the inten=
ded recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please =0D
contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any =
copies.