Re: Best way to "mask" password in DBLINK

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: Best way to "mask" password in DBLINK
Дата
Re: Best way to "mask" password in DBLINK
Список pgsql-general

-----Original Message-----
From: Tommy Gildseth [mailto:tommy.gildseth@usit.uio.no]

Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>> I'm starting to use DBLink / DBI-Link and one of the "bad" things is that
>> the password is out in the clear.
>> What can I do to prevent it from being such? How do I protect it from
>> 'innocent' users?

>If I'm not mistaken, it's possible to put your password in the .pgpass
>file in the postgres-users home folder, on the server where the postgres
>cluster is running.

Isn't that how one connects using the CLI? Eg: via psql?

My connection string looks like this.

SELECT aaa
   FROM dblink('dbname=hmxmms host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx user=yyy
password=zzz'::text, 'SELECT * from tablename'::text) b4(aaa xxx );

I've placed the above as a view hence the user/pass is being hardcoded(?) of
sorts

Сообщение: Re: Best way to "mask" password in DBLINK
Сообщение: Re: Best way to "mask" password in DBLINK