getting past wxMac-cvs build?

От OpenMacNews
Тема getting past wxMac-cvs build?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
hi all,

1st, i know this is not, directly, a pgadmin issue.

i've posted this (er ... similar) issue on wx-dev as well, but as my ultimate
goal is to 'get to ' pgadminIII on MacOSX *and* there seems to be active
interest/activity on this list in the same, i'll unabashedly crosspost/beg for
help *here* ...

i'm diving in to try building the latest wxMac (both v2.5.5 & cvs trunk) on OSX
10.3.8 on my powerbook G4 (800 MHz, 1 GB RAM).

after reading <http://www.wxwidgets.org/faqmac.htm#buildx>, a simple/successful
'configure' with:

        mkdir -p macosx-build
        cd macosx-build

        ../configure \
        --prefix=/usr/ports/wxMacINSTALL \
        --with-mac \
        --disable-shared \
        --disable-debug

finishes without errors.

a subsequent 'make all' of wxMac progresses to this point:

        /Developer/Tools/SetFile -t APPL wxrc
        /Developer/Tools/Rez -d __UNIX__ -useDF ../src/mac/carbon/apprsrc.r
../src/mac/carbon/carbrsrc.r ../src/mac/carbon/corersrc.r -o
lib/libwx_mac-2.5.5.rsrc
        /Developer/Tools/DeRez lib/libwx_mac-2.5.5.rsrc Carbon.r -useDF
>lib/libwx_mac-2.5.5.r

and just sits.  For a very long time.

Well, actually, it seems to me still active in a DeRez task, as 'top' shows it
still crankin' away after 6+ hours (total time ~ 8 hours) ...

        15904 DeRez       35.8%  6:21:49   1    25   106   296K  1.82M  6.26M
60.5M

i've now gotten feedback that this is NOT normal; tho, this behavior HAS been
seen before ...

> I've had this problem too, but only when I run the build when logged in
> remotely via ssh.  If I run the build from a local Terminal window then this
> step just takes less than a second.  My guess is that DeRez needs to have
> access to the display for some reason and isn't smart enough to figure out
> that it can't get it.

that said, i *am* building in a local Terminal window ... apparently to no
avail.

now, i _have_ found is this list's archives that there have been 'issues' with
v2.5.4, resolved in CVS, but afaik, not THIS issue.

it seems others *here* have had success with this, so ...

any pointers as to how to get wxMac built so I can get to pgadmin work would be
much appreciated! =)

cheers,

richard