Re: help understanding libpq++

От Jeremy Buchmann
Тема Re: help understanding libpq++
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Monday, March 4, 2002, at 01:16 PM, jtv wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 08:28:37AM -0500, Ted Petrosky wrote:
>>
>> I have been working with Mac OSX (postgresql runs just fine) and I
>> want to
>> start using the developers tools (project builder) however, I do not
>> have the
>> technical expertise to create a project using the libpq or pg++
>> libraries.
>
> I'm not sure I catch your meaning entirely, but if what you mean is you
> want
> to write programs that access a PostgreSQL database through libpq or
> libpq++,

I think what he means is he wants to use Apple's Project Builder IDE
which
handles compiling and linking for you.  However, it only saves time when
you're
using it with frameworks and other Apple-specific things.  If you're
just writing a
plain C program that uses libpq, it won't save you any time.  But if you
would like to
use it, you can create an empty project and (manually) add the source
file(s) and
libs yourself.  The Project Builder docs explain how to do that.

--Jeremy