Re: patch for 9.2: enhanced errors

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: patch for 9.2: enhanced errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jul27, 2011, at 23:20 , Pavel Stehule wrote:
> this is a refreshed patch. Only constraints and RI is supported now.
> There is about 1000 ereport calls, where a enhanced diagnostics should
> be used, but probably we don't modify all in one time.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have something like the machinery
around ErrorContextCallback to fill in the constraint details. You'd then
only need to modify the places which initiate constraint checks, instead
of every single ereport() in the constraint implementations.

Just a wild idea, though - I haven't check whether this is actually
feasible or no.

best regards,
Florian Pflug