RE: Transaction commits VS Transaction commits (with parallel) VSquery mean time

От Jamison, Kirk
Тема RE: Transaction commits VS Transaction commits (with parallel) VSquery mean time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Monday, April 8, 2019 9:04 AM (GMT+9), Haribabu Kommi wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 3:29 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:45 AM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the review.
>>
>> While changing the approach to use the is_parallel_worker_flag, I thought
>> that the rest of the stats are also not required to be updated and also those
>> are any way write operations and those values are zero anyway for parallel
>> workers.
>>
>> Instead of expanding the patch scope, I just changed to avoid the commit
>> or rollback stats as discussed, and later we can target the handling of all the
>> internal transactions and their corresponding stats.
>>

> The patch looks good to me.  I have changed the commit message and ran
> the pgindent in the attached patch.  Can you once see if that looks
> fine to you?  Also, we should backpatch this till 9.6.  So, can you
> once verify if the change is fine in all bank branches?   Also, test
> with a force_parallel_mode option.  I have already tested it with
> force_parallel_mode = 'regress' in HEAD, please test it in back
> branches as well.

> Thanks for the updated patch.

> I tested in back branches even with force_parallelmode and it is working

> as expected. But the patches apply is failing in back branches, so attached

> the patches for their branches. For v11 it applies with hunks.

There are 3 patches for this thread:

_v5: for PG v11 to current head

_10: for PG10 branch

_96: for PG9.6

I have also tried applying these latest patches, .

The patch set works correctly from patch application, build to compilation.

I also tested with force_parallel_mode, and it works as intended.

So I am marking this thread as “Ready for Committer”.

I hope this makes it on v12 before the feature freeze.

Regards,

Kirk Jamison