RE: Timeout parameters

От Jamison, Kirk
Тема RE: Timeout parameters
Дата
RE: Timeout parameters
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

>The socket_timeout patch needs the following fixes.  Now that others have already tested these patches >successfully,
theyappear committable to me.

In addition, regarding socket_timeout parameter.
I referred to the doc in libpq.sgml, corrected misspellings,
and rephrased the doc a little bit as below:

Maximum wait in seconds (write as a decimal integer, e.g. 10) for socket read/write operation before closing the
connection.A value of zero (the default) turns this off, which means wait indefinitely. The minimum allowed timeout is
2seconds, so a value of 1 is interpreted as 2.

Although this can be used as a stopgap timeout measure, it is recommended
to set a value higher than the other timeout parameters
because setting a smaller value will make the other configured timeout
parameters meaningless and can cause undesirable disconnection.

Regards,
Kirk Jamison