Problem about export/import postgresql tables use pg_dump/pg_restore

От Ma, Dong (Vincent@BAS-BECOM-BJ)
Тема Problem about export/import postgresql tables use pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi all,

Recently I want to import a new table into a existing database, I run with follow steps:

1.       Export my whole database schema from test machine database: pg_dump -s -F t –f dumpfile database

2.       Import only one table into existing database: pg_restore -F t –d database -t tablename dumpfile

The problem is the table ‘tablename’ schema import correctly, but didn’t import the indexes, constrains and column comments of this table. Can somebody do me a favor about understanding why this doesn’t work?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Vincent Ma(Ma Dong)

Hewlett-Packard Co.