Re: Success (Re: page 1 of relation global/11787 was uninitialized)

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: Success (Re: page 1 of relation global/11787 was uninitialized)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Apr9, 2013, at 19:56 , "Stephen R. van den Berg" <srb@cuci.nl> wrote:
> Andres Freund wrote:
>> Afaik debian has never shipped 9.0 in any stable release at all. You can
>> use the packages provided by the postgres community though, they are
>> compatible:
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt
>
> I used this to upgrade to 9.0.13, which indeed is fully compatible with
> Debian.  It started up like a charm.  I can upgrade it to 9.1.9 now
> (while I'm at it).

Since you've been running with full_page_writes=off, I suggest you update
to 9.1 by dumping and reloading your data (i.e. pg_dumpall) instead of
via binary upgrades (i.e. pg_upgrade).

That way, you can be sure that your data is consistent (from postgres'
POV anyway) after the upgrade. pg_upgrade OTOH will only notice
inconsistencies in the system tables, since the data files of user tables
and indices are simply copied unchanged.

best regards,
Florian Pflug