Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?

От Steve Langlois
Тема Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?
Дата
Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

Using Postgres 9.2 with CentOS7.

I ran

+ /usr/bin/initdb --pgdata=/usr/xxx/databases/pgsql/data --auth=ident

without issue however when I try to start the database it complains about the lockfile.

FATAL:  could not create lock file "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock": Permission denied

I know I can change permissions of /var/run of course but I want to change the location of the lock file to a directory I already have access to. So I really want to change the default location of the lock file to something other than /var/run. I've checked the options to initdb as well as looking at the various files in the data directory, pg_hba.conf, pg_ident.conf, etc.

Thank you.