RE: WAL settings

От Stephen Froehlich
Тема RE: WAL settings
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

No worries … we’ve all been there.  Thankfully for Postgres there is pretty much just the one log file.

Postgres has a nice habit of giving (often very) helpful error message-based hints in the log file.  It helped me more than a little in my learning curve.

--Stephen

From: J B [mailto:mrjanbernat@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:57 PM
To: Stephen Froehlich <s.froehlich@cablelabs.com>
Cc: Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>; pgsql-novice@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: RE: WAL settings

I was not able to google out the proper log file to look into,ill try it next time,thank you

Dne 14. 2. 2018 10:51 odpoledne napsal uživatel "Stephen Froehlich" <s.froehlich@cablelabs.com>:

10 is the default value, as is wal_level = “replica”.

By the way, if you had checked your postgresql-10-main.log after you sent the reload command (always a good idea), it gives exactly this hint as I remember.

--Stephen