Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu Sep 28, 2023 at 5:22 PM CDT, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2023-09-28 16:46:08 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > There's still one duplicate warning
> > from the backend link:
> >
> > ld: warning: ignoring duplicate libraries: '-lpam'
> >
> > I'm a bit baffled why that's showing up; there's no obvious
> > double reference to pam.
>
> I think it's because multiple libraries/binaries depend on it. Meson knows how
> to deduplicate libraries found via pkg-config (presumably because that has
> enough information for a topological sort), but apparently not when they're
> found as "raw" libraries.  Until now that was also just pretty harmless, so I
> understand not doing anything about it.
>
> I see a way to avoid the warnings, but perhaps it's better to ask the meson
> folks to put in a generic way of dealing with this.

I wonder if this Meson PR[0] will help.

[0]: https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/pull/12276

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Eager page freeze criteria clarification