Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon Jul 24, 2023 at 12:00 PM CDT, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 9:26 AM Tristan Partin <tristan@neon.tech> wrote:
>
> > attached patch
>
> +        /*
> +         * Restore the default SIGINT behavior while within libpq.
> Otherwise, we
> +         * can never exit from polling for the database connection. Failure to
> +         * restore is non-fatal.
> +         */
> +        newact.sa_handler = SIG_DFL;
> +        rc = sigaction(SIGINT, &newact, &oldact);
>
>     There's no action taken if rc != 0. It doesn't seem right to
> continue as if everything's fine when the handler registration fails.
> At least a warning is warranted, so that the user reports such
> failures to the community.

If we fail to go back to the default handler, then we just get the
behavior we currently have. I am not sure logging a message like "Failed
to restore default SIGINT handler" is that useful to the user. It isn't
actionable, and at the end of the day isn't going to affect them for the
most part. They also aren't even aware that default handler was ever
overridden in the first place. I'm more than happy to add a debug log if
it is the blocker to getting this patch accepted however.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)

Сообщение: Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection
Сообщение: Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection