Re: pg_restore error

От Curtis Mortensen
Тема Re: pg_restore error
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I finally got a chance to try out your suggestions, but it seems that something I'm doing is still wrong.

When I try the first method described below, I get this error:

You are now connected as new user postgres.
ERROR:  function plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument types
ERROR:  Language plpgsql already exists
\connect: FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "cmortensen"

When I try the other method, I get this error:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  function plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument types

I get the impression that the problem is deeper than just trying to backup, but being a very green novice to Postgres, I'm not sure where to start tracking the problem to its source...

Thanks for all your help so far :)