RE: New Window Function: ROW_NUMBER_DESC() OVER() ?

От Maiquel Grassi
Тема RE: New Window Function: ROW_NUMBER_DESC() OVER() ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Even if a workable patch for that is presented, should we accept it?
I'm having a hard time believing that this requirement is common
enough to justify more than a microscopic addition of complexity.
This whole area is devilishly complicated already, and I can think of
a bunch of improvements that I'd rate as more worthy of developer
effort than this.

--//--

Thanks for the advice. I understand that an improvement you consider microscopic may not be worth spending time trying to implement it (considering you are already warning that a good patch might not be accepted). But since you mentioned that you can think of several possible improvements, more worthy of time investment, could you share at least one of them with us that you consider a candidate for an effort?

Regards,
Maiquel.