Re: Proposal "stack trace" like debugging option in PostgreSQL

От Edson Richter
Тема Re: Proposal "stack trace" like debugging option in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> From: tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
> To: edsonrichter@hotmail.com
> CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Proposal "stack trace" like debugging option in PostgreSQL
> Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 11:56:11 -0400
>
> Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> writes:
> > But in production this is not possible, and I would to propose a feature
> > that has less impact over production then a debug extension: a
> > stacktrace of calls.
>
> > Simular to Java stack traces, but disabled by default. When enabled, In
> > case of an event like "duplicate key" (or a function raise exception) or
> > other similar problems that wont allow the database to execute the SQL
> > command,the strack trace will bring the complete list of function call.
>
> Uh, doesn't the CONTEXT field of error messages give you that already?
>
> regards, tom lane

Would you give me an example where I can get the info you mention above? Do I need to enable some kind of parameter to get this context field?

I usually receive and error saying something about the duplicate key (or FK violation, or Check Constraint), but not the function (triggers) call chain that lead to that error.

Regards,

Edson Richter