Count of non-null values per table column

От David Nelson
Тема Count of non-null values per table column
Дата
Re: Count of non-null values per table column
Список pgsql-general
Hello list,<br><br>Apologies if this has been asked before. My search only turned up ways to list the total non-null
valuesfor all columns as a single number. I want the count for each column by column.<br><br>I have inherited a
databaseconsisting of two related huge monolithic tables that lack referential integrity between them, or even basic
dataconstraints. One of the problems these tables have is every single non-PK column is NULLable. I am trying to
understandthe information that is actually stored and used so that I can implement a (hopefully) better design. Towards
thatend I would like to know the count of non-null values in each column per column. In other words I would like to get
thefollowing output from a table (the numbers are totally made up):<br><br>column_name |
num_values<br>------------+-----------<br>col1

throughone or more of the system views, or will I need to write a function to do this? Obviously I can just issue

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: I am unable to install PostgreSql
От: David Nelson
Сообщение: Re: Count of non-null values per table column