R: I: Migrating a very large db

От Samuele Brignoli
Тема R: I: Migrating a very large db
Список pgsql-general

    regards, Samuele Brignoli.

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Inviato: lunedì 15 aprile 2002 16.41
A: samuele.brignoli@darpha.com
Cc: PostgreSQL General List
Oggetto: Re: [GENERAL] I: Migrating a very large db

"Samuele Brignoli" <samuele.brignoli@darpha.com> writes:
> ERROR:  LockAcquire: holder table out of memory

You could probably work around that by increasing the postmaster
configuration parameter max_locks_per_transaction (note you will need to
restart postmaster to make it take effect).  However, I'm curious to
know what you were doing that made it fail; I've not seen very many
reports of people running into this limit.  How many tables are in this
database?  Does PGAdmin try to restore them all in one transaction?
Also, do you have problems pg_dumping the database?