Logging Help Needed

От Oakley
Тема Logging Help Needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Being somewhat new to the databasing world, I have done quite a bit of research on the different DB's available and
decidedto go with Postgres. I am working on a system that has to have 3rd level normalization.. As one might be able to
tellsince I am emailing all of you for your help, I am having a problem... I cant get it to log anything other than
whenthe DB comes up, or goes down...

When I did the configure, I did it with
--enable-syslog and with the --without-CXX
options. I read the online docs and created a
file in the /usr/local/pgsql/data directory
called postgresql.conf, and put in the options
I wanted, those being:

# --------
syslog = 2
debug_level = 2
log_connections = yes
log_timestamp = yes
port = 5432

(I have seen notes in the mailing list archives that logging to syslog is bad - opinions/insight on this?)

As you might be able to tell from the options
above, I am wanting to keep track of connections
and the time that people connect up to the DB
and what they execute, etc...

Can anyone help? I would greatly appreciate it!