Transactions starting with Cursor with Hold are not closing in database.

От Kumar, Mukesh
Тема Transactions starting with Cursor with Hold are not closing in database.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue with few of the transactions which are running from SAP end. Below is the case statement.

Issue -: We are seeing that , the session which are generated from SAP report end to PostgreSQL Database, it starts with the “Open Cursor “ Cursor Name “ with Hold – Select * from abc’ (Screenshot Attached)

The problem here is that , when any report runs from SAP end , and if it takes time to run into the database and cancelled from Application end , it keeps running into the database till its end or indefinitely. Suppose they cancel one report and runs that report again , there is another session which generated and previous one also run at the same time. Even after cancelling the report from application end.

There is one parameter which we are suspecting that at ODBC level , there is option for Fetch/Declare we are using , so that can be an issue but we are not sure.

Please suggest if there is any parameter, we need to look in the conf file in order to resolve this issue as it acquires a locks on the table and prevent it from modifying from other sessions or users.

Thanks and Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Вложения