Re: What this parser mean?

От David Witham
Тема Re: What this parser mean?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Abdul,

You may have lost the '' around the date specification in the to_char function when forming the string in Java. Before
submittingthe query, check the contents of the query string to make sure you still have the '' marks.

Regards,
David Witham

-----Original Message-----
From: Abdul Wahab Dahalan [mailto:wahab@mimos.my]
Sent: Friday, 21 March 2003 13:47
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] What this parser mean?

I wrote a java program to query a data from 4 tables and the string
query is like:

querydata ="select
bizfavorite.bizid,bizprofile.bizname,bizprofile.bizphone,bizprofile.bizfax,bizfavorite.searchtype,"
+ "bizfavorite.keyword,to_char(bizfavorite.listdate,'DD-MM-YYYY') as
listdate,bizfavorite.offerid,offer.otype,offer.bizid as obizid,"+ "to_char(offer.oposted_date,'DD-MM-YYYY') as
oposted_date,to_char(offer.oexpiry_date,'DD-MM-YYYY') as oexpiry_date,"+
"userprofile.username,userprofile.ufullname,userprofile.uemail"+" from bizfavorite join bizprofile using(bizid) join
userprofile
using(bizid) left join offer using(offerid)"+ " where bizfavorite.username= ? and urole='1' order by listdate desc"
+ " limit " + recordPerpage + "," + beginRecord;

When I run this query, I got this message : Message: ERROR:  parser:
parse error at or near "-"

but when I ran this query from psql command prompt its ok.I got what I
want.
b2bscm=> select

bizprofile.bizname,bizprofile.bizphone,bizprofile.bizfax,bizfavorite.searchtype,bizfavorite.keyword,to_char(bizfavorite.listdate,'DD-MM-YYYY')
as listdate,bizfavorite.offerid,offer.otype,offer.bizid as
obizid,to_char(offer.oposted_date,'DD-MM-YYYY') as
date,to_char(offer.oexpiry_date,'DD-MM-YYYY') as
oexpiry_date,userprofile.username,userprofile.ufullname,userprofile.uemail
from bizfavorite join bizprofile using(bizid) join userprofile
using(bizid) left join offer using(offerid) where bizfavorite.username=
'faiz' and urole='1' order by listdate desc limit 8,0;

Any help, very much appreciated..Thanks

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster