Re: Errors building older versions of PostgreSQL

От Gregory Youngblood
Тема Re: Errors building older versions of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the tips. It kind of worked. I got passed that point, but
then got to another set of errors.

I'm going to change my approach. I'm trying to locate some older
Linux ISOs that I can install in a vmware virtual environment and try
to build in there. Since all I want is to dump my data, I don't
really have that much of a worry about long-term performance within a
virtualized system.

We'll see how it goes. So far finding older ISOs has been more
difficult than I expected. It appears no one is seriously keeping an
archive of old Linux distros. This is too bad, because it can be non-
trivial to get older versions of software working on newer distros,
and that means data gathering dust in offline backups might not be
recoverable, especially if it is just data backups and not entire
systems (like I happen to be dealing with).

If this avenue fails, I'll post back with actual error messages. I do
appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,
Greg