Re: visibility map and reltuples

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: visibility map and reltuples
Дата
Re: visibility map and reltuples  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wonder if we should switch to keeping reltuplesperpage instead. Then
a partial vacuum could update it by taking the average number of
tuples per page forbthe pages it saw. Perhaps adjusting it to the
weights average between the old value and the new value based on how
many pages were seen.

I suppose there's no reason we can't update reltuples using that same
logic though it would be a big opaque.

--
Greg