Re: FreeBSD 6.0 PostgreSQL upgrade

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: FreeBSD 6.0 PostgreSQL upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 19, 2006, at 3:17 AM, Jeff Amiel wrote:

> We have a production FreeBSD 6.0 system with Postgresql 8.1 where we
> have avoided upgrading/updating the ports to avoid compatability and
> other unknown issues.
> We have our supfile default date set on our production, test and
> development environments to ensure that they all have the same
> versions.

Makes sense for the OS (we use the -RELEASE versions ourselves).

For ports, what you probably want to do is have a staging environment
on which you can install and upgrade ports at will, and verify that
they work with your application.  Once verified, build packages from
those ports and then use the packages to install on your production
server(s).

Вложения