windows xp install problem ("failed to set permissions on the installed files...")

От George Pavlov
Тема windows xp install problem ("failed to set permissions on the installed files...")
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have installed PG on Windows XP successfully several times, but now I
have one machine on which the install
fails with an error message: "Failed to set permissions on the installed
files. Please see the logfile at ..." . The log file in question does
not look very useful. It has lines of the type:
  processed dir: F:\PostgreSQL\8.1\xyz
  processed file: F:\PostgreSQL\8.1\xyz\xyz.xyz
with the last line saying "The data is invalid."

I tried both v.8.0.4 and v.8.1.1 and I get the same message from both. I
am using the MSI installer for both. The computer is running Windows XP
Professional. I am installing onto an NTFS-formatted drive, which I
understand is a requirement. I am running the install as the local
Administrator.

Any ideas on what to look for. Any special permissions I need to set
outside of the install or before the install?

Thanks!

George