Re: Help with my MacOS PostgreSQL 12 installation

От Philip Semanchuk
Тема Re: Help with my MacOS PostgreSQL 12 installation
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Aug 17, 2021, at 12:21 PM, Michael White <mike@white-home.com> wrote:
>
> This is my first post so if I’m in the wrong place please help me get to the correct list.
>
> Issue:
>
> I installed PostgreSQL on my Mac over a year ago and since upgraded my disk drive and OS to Big Sur.  I am a retired
SoftwareEngineer and still like to program and am learning PostgreSQL and have it working on Linux and FreeBSD.  In any
caseI had put it on my Mac laptop and want to use it again but it seems that the upgrades I did might have rearranged
filelocations or they may have been lost.  I have been trying to understand what is where and come to a point where I
needhelp getting PostgreSQL running again.  I have a file with notes on the installation and here it is:

…

> 3. Don’t remember how I installed PostgreSQL but looks like with EnterpriseDB because of the installation directory.
(Igot this from postgresapp.com)

Hi Michael,
I use PostgresApp on my Mac, and it has worked very nicely for me. It’s a very no-fuss installation. You should have an
appin our Applications folder called Postgres. Start that, and the Postgres server will be running. There’s a little
elephantin my menu bar that I can click on that shows me what databases are available. I can set it to start the server
automaticallywhen I log in. If you don’t have an app called Postgres or it doesn’t run when you click it, I’d say your
installationis damaged. If you can nuke it and start over, that’d be what I’d try. Start by dragging the app to the
trashand reinstalling. That might fix things.

FYI I modified my .zshrc to include this line to add Postgres’ client apps to my path:
export PATH=$PATH:/Applications/Postgres.app/Contents/Versions/11/bin

That way I have easy access to psql, pg_config, etc.

Hope this helps,
Philip

От: "Pansara, Jiten"
Сообщение: Postgres Migration error - Need help
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Postgres Migration error - Need help