Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?

От Mohan, Ross
Тема Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alex et al.,

I wonder if thats something to think about adding to Postgresql? A setting for multiblock read count like Oracle
(Although

||  I would think so, yea. GMTA: I was just having this micro-chat with Mr. Jim Nasby.

having said that I believe that Oracle natively caches pages much more aggressively that postgresql, which allows the
OSto do the file caching).

||  Yea...and it can rely on what is likely a lot more robust and nuanced caching algorithm, but...i don't
    know enough (read: anything) about PG's to back that comment up.

Alex Turner
netEconomist

P.S. Oracle changed this with 9i, you can change the Database block size on a tablespace by tablespace bassis making it
smallerfor OLTP tablespaces and larger for Warehousing tablespaces (at least I think it's on a tablespace, might be on
awhole DB).