Re: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?

От Mohan, Ross
Тема Re: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
sorry, don't remember whether it's SCSI or SATA II, but IIRC
the Areca controllers are just stellar for things.

If you do get SATA for db stuff..especially multiuser...i still
haven't seen anything to indicate an across-the-board primacy
for SATA over SCSI. I'd go w/SCSI, or if SATA for $$$ reasons, I'd
be sure to have many spindles and RAID 10.

my 0.02. I'm surely not an expert of any kind.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Greg Stark
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:55 AM
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: [PERFORM] Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?

Our vendor is trying to sell us on an Intel SRCS16 SATA raid controller instead of the 3ware one.

Poking around it seems this does come with Linux drivers and there is a battery backup option. So it doesn't seem to be
completelyinsane.

Anyone have any experience with these controllers?

I'm also wondering about whether I'm better off with one of these SATA raid controllers or just going with SCSI drives.

--
greg

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: Foreign key slows down copy/insert
Сообщение: Re: Foreign key slows down copy/insert