Re: Oracle buys Innobase

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
felix@crowfix.com wrote:
> I confess I find this weird too.  I can't see why someone wouild want
> to distribute their own private label version of MySQL, unless they
> were making significant changes, and then I can't see why anyone
> would want to buy such a version.

The suits do this for peace of mind.  They are very nervous about
entrusting corporate data to open source databases with no support.  Why
else do you think companies are willing to pay Oracle $300,000 per CPU?
At 2 am if something gets corrupted, they can call Oracle and attempt to
get it fixed.

--
Guy Rouillier